Tuesday, 2 February 2016

A Very Poorly Week...

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed last Sunday and Wednesday's posts.... It's been a bit of a dramatic week for me!

I've been really unwell. I hate even having a cold if I think it's going to bring me down and make me unproductive, so being fit with full force with a serious case of illness was really not what I had hoped for the week.

I had an annoying back ache last week. On Friday night, Glenn and I drove up to London to visit my friend.. My back pain at least tripled during the car journey and when I arrived I was in agony and a total party pooper. A couple of Co-Codamol's later and all was forgotten, I was ready to hit London! After making the most of the toddler-free morning ahead of me and rolling in at 2am, I ate some pizza, drank some water and toddled off to bed. No less than 2 hours later I woke up in a freezing chill, and so began a long night of vomiting / hot flushes / chills and above all a ferocious temperature!

The following day was a little easier as we headed back home, but we knew something was up and suspected a kidney infection. The out-of-hours GP was too busy, so we embarked on another night of vomit, chills and sweat.

The next morning, we managed to get an emergency GP appointment at 9am. He diagnosed me pyelonephritus, or a kidney infection, prescribed me some heavy duty antibiotics and off I went.

Unfortunately this was all probably a little too late, I was vomitting up my meds and dreadfully dehydrated. After returning to the GP at 4pm, I was admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics and fluids.

I ended up staying in the hospital until Wednesday. My stay was.... insightful. I shared my bedroom with 3 elderly Welsh ladies and one of them was really hilarious. She kept complaining about everything and anything, told me off for not eating my dinner and kept telling the nurses how to do their jobs. She was in for a cut on her ear and had been told she could be discharged, but she wasn't having any of it - she needed the nurses to attend to her ear's every need!

 I had hardly seen Archer the week before, so I missed him so much. Visiting hours were short-lived and it was difficult to keep him still in a hospital ward full of exciting and breakable things, so I didn't get to see much of him whilst I was there either.

I'm now back at work / uni and trying to recover from missing a week off life as a very busy person...

Bear with me for the next few days whilst I get back on my feet!




No comments:

Post a Comment